Registration is required for the term in which a student submits a dissertation or has a degree conferred. Students who meet all the following conditions are eligible to be assessed a special tuition rate for the quarter in which they are receiving a degree:
- All course work, degree requirements, oral exams, and residency requirements for all graduate degree programs, including joint degree programs, have been completed.
- A graduate or professional student must have been enrolled or have been on an approved leave of absence in the term immediately preceding the term chosen as the graduation quarter.
- The student has formally applied to graduate.
- The student has only to submit the dissertation, project, or master's thesis by the deadline for submission in the term designated as the graduation quarter.
- The student has filed all necessary forms regarding graduation quarter before the first day of the term chosen as graduation quarter.
Students on graduation quarter are registered at Stanford and, therefore, have the rights and privileges of registered students. Only one graduation quarter may be requested. There is a tuition rate of $100 for the graduation quarter.