Welcome from Stanford Taekwondo
Coach Vincent Lo and Coach Huy Nguyen hope to share their judging, competing, and coaching experiences to help athletes and coaches gain knowledge of the most current WTF Poomsae standards and better prepare for upcoming poomsae competitions.
The seminar will be hosted on Saturday April 28, 2012 at Burnham Pavilion, Stanford University and is open to all belts above the age of 8. The goals of the seminar are to provide:
- Detailed breakdown of poomsae scoring (Technical and Presentation)
- Explanation of common deductions and effective scoring factors.
- Training methods to help achieve power, higher kicks, balance, and more.
- Training with current US National Poomsae Team mebmers and official Poomsae IR.
- Mock poomsae competition with instant feedback.
- Special opening performance by Team-M Taekwondo with strong emphasis on poomsae incorporation.
- Guidance by experienced assistant instructors (National Poomsae Team members).