Selected Rare Books in Special Collections
Selected Books at Green Library
Sample Searchworks Subjects
(Note: Stanford Libraries have almost 1000 items under the subject heading of “Dreams”)
Rarities in Microfilm / Online Format
Suggested search terms in the Selected Databases (see subject area for each database):
- dream interpretation
- dreams and analysis
- dreams and reality
- dreams and religion
Reference Sources (use the Subjects in the catalog record to find more books in the stacks that you can check out):
Use Online Reference Sources!
Here are some sample searches using our online Reference databases:
Selected Subject Search Terms using the Searchworks Catalog (click on these links to see catalog listings for these subjects.)
Search more than one Database for Social Science Articles
Proquest Social Science allows you to select and search several social-science databases at once for both Books and Articles: Psycinfo; Sociological Abstracts; Social Services Abstracts; International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS); ERIC (Education); PAIS (Public Policy).
Crime Statistics Resources
Use the Internet Public Library (IPL) to find recommended websites.
Suggested Databases for Sociology or Psychology topics:
- Annual Reviews Social Sciences: Annual Reviews in Psychology and Sociology. Articles provide overviews of current scholarship on key topics.
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements online keyword search: Search by Keyword Anywhere for commercially published tests. Results indicate which volume of Mental Measurements Yearbook provide scholarly reviews and summaries of the test.
- Communication & mass media complete: Offers information from over 600 journals in communication, mass media and related fields
- Communication Studies: A Sage Full-Text Collection: covers such subjects as Journalism, Public Opinion, Political Communication, Mass Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Cultural Studies / Intercultural Communication, Television / Film Studies, Media Studies, Business Communication, Organizational / Management Communication, Written Communication, Rhetoric, and Literacy Studies
- PsycINFO: Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business and law
- Sociological Abstracts: Abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. Full text available through Find it @ Stanford link.
- Sociology: Full text of articles on such subjects as Childhood, Contemporary Sociology, Comparative Sociology, Consumer Culture, Classical Sociology, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Leisure Studies, Social Theory, Sociology of Sport, and Sociology of Work and Employment (Labor Studies).
- Social Science Research Network "Tomorrow's Research Today": working papers and open access scholarly articles