American South Resources
Selected reference books and atlases
Suggested Databases and Websites
- America History and Life: scholarly articles dealing with topics in American history.
- MLA International Bibliography: scholarly articles on literature, theatre, film.
- Documenting the American South (http://docsouth.unc.edu/); UNC-Chapel Hill, primary sources for the study of Southern history, literature and culture.
- African-American Song: contains streaming recordings of blues, jazz, gospel, ragtime, etc.
- Oral History Online: transcripts and recordings of oral history interviews, many undertaken for projects in Southern history, esp. the Civil Rights Movement.
Suggested Ejournals and Journals