Art & Architecture Resources
Tip: Most resources specific to art will be in the Art and Architecture Library.
Online Reference Resources
Print Reference Resources
Tip: Type the word encyclopedia or dictionary in the SearchWorks search box, and then click on Art & Architecture in the Library list on the left side of the screen.
Many headings follow the pattern "[Topic] in art" e.g.:
Also try: "[Topic] and art;" "[Topic] and architecture"
- Art full text/Art retrospective: Articles on art and related disciplines from periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins published throughout the world. Coverage provided from 1929, with full-text from 1997.
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) and Répertoire de la litterature de l'art (RILA): Access these databases, searchable together, which cover European and American visual arts material published between 1975 and 2007.
- Artbibliographies modern : Abstracts of journal articles, books, essays, exhibition catalogs, dissertations, and exhibition reviews. The scope extends from artists and movements beginning with Impressionism in the late 19th century, up to the most recent works and trends in the late 20th century. Photography is covered from its invention in 1839 to the present. A particular emphasis is placed upon adding new and lesser-known artists and on the coverage of foreign-language literature.
- Avery index to architectural periodicals: Offers a comprehensive listing of journal articles published worldwide on architecture and design, archaeology, city planning, interior design, and historic preservation. Coverage is from 1934 to the present.
- JSTOR: Provides image and full-text online access to back issues of selected scholarly journals in the humanities and social sciences.