Find Medical/Ethics/Care Resources
Examples of Subject Headings in Socrates
Sample Books of Interest:
Suggested Databases (see the Database list for more.)
Be sure to evaluate websites by critically examining content, creators, and sources for validity and bias.
- Science.gov - Science.gov searches over 36 databases and 1,850 selected websites, offering 200 million pages of authoritative U.S. government science information, including research and development results.
- NPR - Archives of popular news and information radio shows, such as Morning Edition, All Things Considered and Talk of the Nation. Check these and others for topical stories; browse topics Health and Science. You can also find interviews on Fresh Air from WHYY.
- NLM Gateway (National Library of Medicine) - The NLM Gateway is a Web-based system that lets users search simultaneously in multiple retrieval systems at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM). It allows users of NLM services to initiate searches from one Web interface, providing "one-stop searching" for many of NLM's information resources or databases.
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control)- CDC Mission: To promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability.
- Stanford Health Library - Sponsored by Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Stanford Health Library provides scientifically-based medical information to help people make informed decisions about their health and health care. All services are free.
- AMA (American Medical Association) - Mission: To promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Section for Patients and Internet Guidelines for medical and health information sites on the Internet.
If you are still having trouble finding materials, just Ask Us!