Creating Children's Literature
Overviews of Children's Literature
- Handbook of research on children's and young adult literature (Cubb Ref. PS121 .H22 2011)
"Distinguished by its multidisciplinary approach, it describes and analyzes the different aspects of literary reading, texts, and contexts to illuminate how the book is transformed within and across different academic figurations of reading and interpreting children's literature."
- The pleasures of children's literature (Cubb Z1037 .A1 N63 2003)
Provides an overview of children’s literature. The book offers relevant sections on book picture books as well as current issues within children’s books including race and sexual orientation.
- Across cultures : a guide to multicultural literature for Children (Cubb Z1037 .E19 2007)
A multicultural resource guide arranged thematically including but not limited to Identity and Self-Image, Family and Friends, Traditions, Exploring the Past in Diverse Communities, bullies and bullying.
The focus is on books with multicultural themes or diverse experiences.
- Words about pictures: the narrative art of children's picture books (Cubb & Green Z1033 .P52 N63 1988)
Examines the ways pictures communicate information. It examines baby books, alphabet books and then moves on to well-known children’s authors such as Maurice Sendak.
- Children's Comprehensive Database: "an extensive array of information about children's books, video and audio recordings, film strips, and other children-focused media."
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) from the US Department of Education. Bibliographic database of educational resources including articles, reports, and curriculum.
- MLA International Bibliography: The most important index to journals, books and dissertations in literature and language. Produced by the Modern Language Association.