From Designing Education Lab
Jan Behrenbeck and Mark Schar presented perspcetives on learning models. Jan provided an overview of this Bachelorthesis work including a neurological perspective on learning as well as early comparisons of the TUM and Stanford learning models. Mark spoke about classic learning models and focused on two that are part of the lab's recent NSF proposal - Kolb's Learning Style Inventory and Baron-Cohen's E-S Theory.
Alumni Survey Techniques
Daniel Weiss, a visitng scholar in DEL, discussed entreprenurship research conducted by Stanford Univeristy professor Chuck Eesley that used a sample of Stanford University alumni.
- Daniel's Presentation
- Eesley CE, Miller WF. Impact: Stanford University’s Economic Impact via Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation; 2012 October.
Effect Size and P-Value
Qu Jin, a Postdoctoral student in DEL, provided helpful perspective on the use of Effect Size and P-Values in social science research.
Conference Poster Preparation
Here is a list of helpful sites full of useful tips for the design and production of a conference poster.
- Colin Purrington - Designing a Conference Poster
- George Hess, Kathryn Tosney, Leon Liegel - An Effectve Poster
- Penn State University School of Engineering - Design of Scientific Poster
- Fred Stoss - Poster Presentations - Designing Effective Posters
- Zen Faulkes - Better Posters blog