Stanford University is pleased to partner with Bright Horizons family Solutions to offer the Back-Up Care Advantage Program to assist faculty and clinical educators in balancing the competing demands of work and family. Faculty and clinical educators can use the services when they need to be at work and their regular child or elder/adult care is unavailable.
Worklife provides resource and referral to elder care services and active aging activities through Avenidas Senior Services. WorkLife also provides a monthly support group for Caregivers and offers a limited Emergency/Back Up Care program for elder care. Call 723-2660 for more information.
Call 723-2660 or complete our Appointment Form for one-on-one help with child care and resources. Through in-person appointments, phone and email consultation, and our Child Care Packets, WorkLife provides information on:
Children of benefits-eligible Stanford University employees are eligible for all of the on-campus children’s programs. On-Campus Child Care Waiiting List Application.
Through the WorkLife Office, Stanford provides five financial programs to eligible employees to help offset the costs of childcare, back-up eldercare and adoption. Please visit Financial Programs to learn about eligibilty and requirements for the following programs:
- NEW! Faculty Back-up Care Advantage Program
- Child Care Subsidy Grant (CCSG)
- Faculty Child Care Assistance Program (JFCCAP) - newly expanded!
- Junior Faculty Travel Grant
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Emergency / Back-Up Care
Additional WorkLife Resources:
Diagram representing faculty lines and how they fit into the priority system within the childcare programs on campus.
Worklife provides many resources for families who would like to adopt. Stanford University provides also provides an Adoption Reimbursement Program for employees.
WorkLife provides information on afterschool care, summer programs, kindergarten preparedness and local school district enrollment information.
- Summer Activities Faire (annually in March) – Information faire for the Stanford community on summer camps, programs, volunteering and other activities .
- Summer Brochure, “Educational, Employment and Athletic Programs for Youth”– updated each March, for ages 10 and up.
- Kindergarten Readiness and Enrollment – Brown Bag seminars on these topics annually and can provide information on enrolling children in public and private schools in the area.
- Homeschooling - Resource list for homeschoolers in the Bay Area.
- Special Needs – Assistance for parents on finding and accessing services for children with special needs, how to advocate for your child and Brown Bag seminars on related parenting topics.
For More Information on WorkLife Events
Join the WorkLife Email Distribution Lists
Join the WorkLife owned and managed lists to read about learning opportunities, network with the Stanford community and find resources. It’s easy and free!
Other Stanford Departments and Programs
Helpful Resources at Stanford
- Stanford Courtesy Card Information (for spouses, partners and children of faculty and staff)
- Dependent Card - Athletic Facility Access Cards are for dependent children of Stanford faculty, staff and students, no older than 22 years of age.
- Faculty and Staff Help Center - Provides professional, confidential, brief counseling to the faculty and staff of Stanford University, Stanford Hospital, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, Menlo Medical Clinic and SLAC. Spouses, domestic partners, and children under 23 are also eligible for these services.
- Stanford Ombuds - An impartial dispute resolver who strives to see that faculty, staff and students at the university are treated fairly and equitably.
- Sexual Harassment Policy Online Office - If you think someone has crossed a line, there are resources that can help you with concerns about sexual harassment.
- Diversity & Access Office - Committed to maintaining a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff; creating a community of fairness and respect; ensuring that resources are accessible to all and complying with related laws and guidelines.
- Stanford Benefits - For Employee Benefits outside of the areas above (ie, Retirement, Health and Welfare), visit Stanford Benefits.