Please note: Individual schools and departments also may maintain additional policies. Such policies, however, do not override these university-wide policies.
- Administrative Guide
- Stanford's official manual for administrative policies. Contents include chapters on Organization, Personnel, Accounting, Gifts, Procurement, Computing and Services.
- Publishes University policies governing undergraduate and graduate instruction as well as University academic requirements and degree requirements for majors, minors and honors programs.
- Communications Policies
- Policies regarding a variety of media-related topics such as filming on campus, photography, and use of the Stanford name or emblems.
- Disability-related policies for students
- Procedures for requesting accommodations and auxiliary aids; ADA Section 504 grievance procedures.
- Employee & Labor Relations Policies
- Key policies distributed annually regarding employees and labor issues from the Office of Human Resources.
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Provides information about policies, procedures and guidelines related to health and safety at Stanford. Topics covered include responsibilities, services provided by the Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), a variety of topics related to workplace safety (e.g. asbestos and ergonomics), the management of hazardous materials wastes and how to prevent and handle emergencies.
- Faculty Handbook
- University policies and procedures that apply to those holding professorial appointments in the tenure line, non-tenure line, Medical Center Line, as Senior Fellow at specified policy centers and institutes, Academic Staff-Teaching (Senior Lecturer, Lecturer, Artist-in-Residence), and Other Teaching Titles (acting faculty, consulting faculty, visiting faculty, and voluntary clinical faculty).
- Graduate Academic Policies and Procedures
- University policies and other information related to the academic progress of Stanford graduate
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures
- A list of processes, policies and procedures on topics important to Stanford's workplace.
- Identity & Design Guidelines
- Specifies the correct design for University emblems (Seal and Block S), business cards and
stationery. Includes downloadable artwork. See also Administrative
Guide Memo 1.5.4, which outlines the circumstances under which Stanford allows its name and
other trademarks to be used.
- Labor Relations & Collective Bargaining at Stanford
- Bargaining agreements with Stanford's two labor unions, SEIU Local 2007 Higher Education Workers and the Stanford Deputy Sheriffs’ Association.
- Policies and practices to safeguard personal information in a manner consistent with University values, applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Property Management Manual
- Policies and procedures regarding the acquisition, maintenance, reporting and disposition of capital assets.
- Research Policy Handbook
- A collection of policies, guidelines and general information related to the research enterprise at Stanford.
- Service Center Manual
- Policies and practices related to Stanford's service centers.
- Staff Compensation at Stanford
- A website that provides an overview on compensation-related policies and procedures.