Marc A. Coram
- Publication List
- Ph.D. Thesis (pdf) Stanford Univ. 2002, Advisor: Persi Diaconis. Nonparametric Bayesian Classification. Binary Regression. Consistency theory: consistency for any measurable function. Comparison with CART/Bagged-CART, Voronoi extension to general metric space. Detailed balance: "reversible jump." Simplication of the Barron Schervish Wasserman consistency criterion. (code avail. by request)
- Talk on Nonparametric Bayesian Classification (Nov 18, 2004) (ppt) Picture-rich explication of my findings.
- Nimbus: an R package for Proteomics (ppt) Talk at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center about my Proteomics summer 2004 work there. Developed software/statistical techniques for detecting peaks in 2D liquid-chromatography mass-spectrography (LCMS) data. Alignment code not yet available. Uses RAMP C-code to read mzXML files. Open Source. code/R-package/talk bundle
Proteomics Talk (Stanford,
- Stochastic Ecology (pdf) Talk on my CISES related work with Greg Dwyer and Brett Elderd given for the Computational Environmentrics Workshop. Goal: do inference for dynamical-systems-based Ecological models when you allow that the parameters themselves vary stochastically. Specifically, we study a Gypsy Moth population / NPV data set and allow that an infection rate parameter varies stochastically with time. Presents general ideas and an importance-sampling based maximum-likelihood approach. Markov Chain maximum-likelihood method not presented.
- Coram and Diaconis. New Tests of the correspondence between unitary eigenvalues and the zeros of Riemann's zeta function. J.Phys. A: Math. Gen. _36_ (2003) 2883-2906. Presents statistical tests of the random-matrix theory hypotheses regarding the correspondence between the eigenvalues of random unitary matrices and the zeros of Riemann's zeta function.
- Fun elementary example: use MCMC to descramble (ps) a letter-encoded message. Based on joint work with Phil Beineke and applied to a real consulting problem. This is just an informal note. (some matlab code)
- See Angela
Snyder's page for a Mastermind Playing
web-application. Relates to her master's thesis in which we used
this as a test problem to better understand connections between
statistical modelling and strategy/policy choice. (Estimation is a
- Iterated Function System demo (IFS).
- Note on conditional empirical Bayes
I'm a now an assistant professor of Biostatistics in the Health Research
and Policy department of Stanford's Medical School.
Redwood Building: T101E