PhD, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, June 2013 (expected)
MS, Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, April 2009
Ingeniero Superior, Telecommunications Engineering, University Carlos III, Madrid, Spain, July 2006
Interests and Current Research
Network inference, temporal dynamics, spread maximization, spread minimization.
Applications to information networks, social networks, viral marketing, epidemiology
and neural recordings.
Convex and Submodular Optimization
- ICML Student Travel Scholarship, 2011
- Barrie de la Maza Graduate Fellowship, 2010-2013
- KDD Best Research Paper Award Honorable Mention, 2010
- KDD Student Travel Award, 2010
- International BCI Meeting Travel Fellowship, 2010
- Caja Madrid Graduate Fellowship, 2007-2009
- Caixa Galicia Graduate Fellowship, 2007-2008 (Declined)
- FPI Fellowship, 2007-2010 (Declined)
- Spanish Government Undergraduate Fellowship for Academic Excellence, 2004-2006.
- Co-organizer of Workshop "Networks -- Processes and Causality", September 2012
- Program Commmittee of WSDM 2014, NIPS 2013, ICML 2013, WSDM 2013, NIPS 2010, RSS 2010
- Reviewer for TKDD, Random Structures and Algorithms, CIKM 2011, MLG 2010, WOSN 2010