I am a third year PhD Candidate in the Electrical Engineering Department at Stanford University, where I am part of the
Stanford Networked Systems Group (SNSG).
I am interested in the
design of wireless networked systems. I work on the OpenRadio project
with excellent advice from Prof. Sachin Katti and Prof. Phil Levis.
Prior to joining Stanford, I was at UCLA where I got an M.S. in Computer Science in 2010 working on mobility models for urban vehicular networks with Prof. Mario Gerla and Prof. Stott Parker. I graduated from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur) in 2008 with B.Tech. and M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering. At IIT Kanpur, I worked with Prof. Bhaskaran Raman on sensor and wireless networks and Prof. Sumit Ganguly on spectral clustering for large datasets and streams.
Conference and workshop papers
- Manu Bansal, Jeffrey Mehlman, Sachin Katti, Philip Levis. OpenRadio: A Programmable Wireless Dataplane. In Proc. of Hot Topics in Software Defined Networking (HotSDN), Aug 2012, Helsinki, Finland. [paper pdf] [talk pptx] [talk pdf]
- Manu Bansal, Ankur Gupta, Manu Jose, Saurabh Trivedi, Mario Gerla. Multi-modal modeling of urban mobility. Proc. of The Third Annual Conference of The International Technology Alliance (ACITA) 2010, Sept 2010, London, UK. [pdf]
- Cheng Li, Manu Bansal, Uichin Lee, Kang-Won Lee, and Mario Gerla. VsnMobSim: An Interactive Vehicular Sensor Network Simulator for Proactive Urban Monitoring. Proc. of The Third Annual Conference of The International Technology Alliance (ACITA) 2008, Sept 2008, London, UK.
- Manu Bansal, Bhaskaran Raman. A PSFQ Implementation Study. Presented at Wireless Systems: Advanced Research and Development (WISARD 2007), a COMSWARE 2007 Workshop, Jan 2007, Bangalore, India. [poster pdf] [paper pdf color] [paper pdf printable]
The rest of me
- A TinyOS Howto from my learning curve which, I believe, can save you some frustration (caution: this is from 2006).
- IIT Kanpur Tae-Kwon-Do Club, where I spent 14 years training with Master Balram Yadav to become a 3rd Dan Black-Belt (Kukkiwon, WTF) and a National Referee (India).
- When I played drums on a 50,000W sound output [youtube video]
- Mixxer - Mixing without a Mixer!
References: Simple Adders Impedance Matching Mixer Circuits Generic Adder
- Some of my best taken pictures.
- Love driving, don't have a car? Join Zipcar!