Keith Devlin: Recent Books
Computer related books
- Leonardo and Steve: the Young Genius Who Beat Apple to Market by 800 Years, e-book original, Ted Weinstein (2011).
- Mathematics Education for a New Era: Video Games as a Medium for Learning, AK Peters/CRC Press (2011).
- The Computer as Crucible: An Introduction to Experimental Mathematics, with Jonathan Borwein, A.K. Peters (2008).
- InfoSense: Turning Information into Knowledge,
W. H. Freeman (1999).
Goodbye Descartes:The End of Logic and the Search for a New Cosmology of the Mind, John
Language at Work--Analyzing Communication Breakdown in the Workplace to Inform Systems Design, joint with Duska Rosenberg, Stanford
University (CSLI) & Cambridge
University Press (1996).
- Logic and Information, Cambridge University Press (1991, paperback
1995). (American Association of Publishers award as "Most Outstanding Book in
Computer Science and Data Processing of 1991").
Recent general audience mathematics books
- The Man of Numbers: Fibonacci's Arithmetic Revolution, Walker Books (2011).
- The Unfinished Game: Pascal, Fermat, and the Seventeenth Century Letter that Made the World Modern, Basic Books (2008).
- The Numbers Behind NUMB3RS: Solving Crimes with Mathematics, with Gary Lorden, Penguin-Plume (2007) .
- The Math Instinct: Why You’re a Mathematical Genius (along with Lobsters, Birds, Cats, and Dogs), Avalon Publishing: Thunder's Mouth Press (2005).
- The Millennium Problems: The Seven Greatest Unsolved Mathematical Puzzles of Our Time, Basic Books (2002).
The Math Gene: How Mathematical Thinking Evolved and Why Numbers Are Like Gossip, Basic Books (2000). (The Italian translation won the Peano Prize in 2002.)
Mathematics: The New Golden Age (Second Edition), Columbia University Press (1999).
The Language of Mathematics: Making the Invisible Visible, W. H. Freeman (1998). (The Italian translation won the Peano Prize in 2002.)
- Life by the Numbers, John Wiley (1998). (The official companion to the PBS television series of the same name.)
- Mathematics: The Science of Patterns, W. H. Freeman, Scientific American Library (1994).
Page last updated July 19, 2012.