August 5, 2011
To: All SHC Employees
From: Joint announcement from Carolyn Byerly, CIO SHC, and Bill Clebsch, Associate Vice President of IT Services with Stanford University
We are pleased to announce a new three-year contract for telecommunication services between Stanford Hospital and Clinics and Stanford University IT Services. The new contract is effective September 1, 2011. This contract brings with it a new partnership based on shared goals with an organization that has twenty five years of experience, credibility, tools, and domain expertise with SHC.
Some of the benefits of the services in the new contract include:
- New OrderIT category (HealthCare Comm) to make ordering simpler
- New help portal (HelpSHC) for service requests
- New help number (4-HELP)
- Three dedicated full-time employees (One Client Executive and two Service Delivery Managers)
Innovation and Transformation
- Unified communications for VoIP-enabled locations (Nortel phones to Cisco and Avaya for eACD)
- Paging Services (SBAN Upgrade and upgrade to the Amcom system)
New billing model (same price for the entire year)
- No charges for Moves/Adds & Changes of services
- Cellular (bill consolidation/plan optimization, "SHC pooled cellular minutes")
Service Level Agreements/Metrics
- Negotiated Service Turn-around times
Informational sessions about the contract are coming soon in August for the general community and Departmental IT Contacts. Anyone is welcome to attend. SHC Connect will be posting the dates, times, and locations for all sessions in the Headline section.
We are excited by the renewed partnership, between SHC and IT Services, reflected in this contract. This positions SHC for achieving an advanced unified communications environment as we move forward.
If you have specific questions about the informational sessions, you may contact Randall Chong, Client Executive.