Overview and Objective
Video production has changed dramatically over the last decade. Lower costs, greater computing power and increased bandwith have contributed to frequent and significant advancements in digital video production and distribution. The Video & Multimedia Group (VMG) is an open forum for multimedia developers who want to keep up-to-date on the latest technologies, services and hardware.
VMG holds bi-monthly meetings providing an opportunity for discussion and presentations on topics related to the production of multimedia and video.
Date: Friday, November 9, 2012
Location: Learning Theater, Wallenberg Hall 450 Serra Mall, Building 160
Topic: Final Cut Pro X - Hands On (RSVP Required)
Areas of Interest
- MPEG, QuickTIme, WindowsMedia, and Flash video
- Capturing Video Content - hardware and settings for capturing events
- Publishing Video Online - approaches to streaming and progressive download video
- Video Compression - software and hardware used for compression (encoding)
- Multimedia Terminology - terms related to the production of multimedia and video
- Podcasting - production process involved in publishing a podcast
- Video & Audio Hardware - hardware list and suggestions for improving quality
- Resources for Further Investigation - links to resources, both on and off campus
Questions or Comments
Interested in learning more about VMG or have a question? Send an email to Forrest.