Position: Postdoctoral Scholar
Benoit received the master degree in signal processing from Supelec, France, in 2004 and the PhD degree in physics from University of Paris XI, Orsay, France, in 2008.His dissertation research, conducted under the mentorship of Dr Sylvain Baillet, focused on using inverse modeling to estimate the cortical generators of EEG and MEG signals. Benoit was a post-doctoral fellow in Dr Anthony Norcia's lab from 2009 to 2012. He is currently a member of Yves Trotter’ team in the CerCo laboratory (Toulouse, France). His topics of interest gather brain imaging (EEG, MEG & fMRI) and 3D encoding in the human and non-human primate visual cortex (disparity processing, spatial coordinate transformation and depth perception).
Peer-reviewed International Journals:
- Ales JM, Appelbaum LG, Cottereau BR & Norcia AM. The time course of shape discrimination in the human brain. NeuroImage. In press.
- Palomares M,Ales JM, Wade AR, Cottereau BR & Norcia AM (2012) Distinct effects of attention on the neural responses to form and motion processing: a SSVEP source-imaging study. Journal of Vision 10(12):15, 1-14.
- Cottereau BR, Ales JM & Norcia AM (2012): Increasing the Accuracy of Electromagnetic Inverses Using Functionnal Area Source Correlation Constraints. Human Brain Mapping 33(11): 2694–2713.
- Cottereau BR, McKee SP & Norcia AM (2012): Bridging the gap: global disparity processing in the human visual cortex. Journal of Neurophysiology 107: 2421–2429.
- Cottereau BR, McKee SP, Ales JM & Norcia AM (2012): Disparity-specific spatial interactions: Evidence from EEG source imaging. Journal of Neuroscience 32(3): 826–840.
- Cottereau BR (2011): Disparity context processing in the primate brain: and if the question was both “what” and “when”? A commentary on: Anzai et al. (2011). Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 5(152).
- Aissani C, Cottereau B, Dumas G, Paradis A-L & Lorenceau J (2011): Magnetoencephalographic Signatures of Visual Form and Motion Binding. Brain Research 1408: 27–40.
- Cottereau BR, McKee SP, Ales JM & Norcia AM (2011): Disparity tuning of the population responses in the human visual cortex: an EEG source imaging study. Journal of Neuroscience 31(3): 954–965.
- Cottereau B, Lorenceau J, Gramfort A, Clerc M, Thirion B & Baillet S (2011): Phase Delays within Visual Cortex Shape the Response to Steady-State Visual Stimulation. NeuroImage 54(3): 1919–1929.
- Appelbaum LG, Ales JM, Cottereau BR & Norcia AM (2010): Configural specificity of lateral occipital cortex. Neuropsychologia 48(11): 3323–8.
- Attal Y, Bhattacharjee M, Yelnik J, Cottereau B, Lefèvre J, Okada Y, Bardinet E, Chupin M & Baillet S (2009): Modelling and detecting deep brain activity with MEG and EEG. IRBM-Biomed. Eng. & Res. 30: 133–38.
- Cottereau B, Jerbi K & Baillet (2007): Multiresolution Imaging of MEG Cortical Sources using an Explicit Piecewise Model. NeuroImage 38(3): 439–451.
- Aissani C, Cottereau B, Paradis AL & Lorenceau J: Signatures of Visual Binding: A MEG/SSVEF Study. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Biomagnetism: Advances in Biomagnetism (Biomag2010), March 28 – April 1, 2010 Dubrovnik, Croatia. 2010, 28(10): 302–305.
- Khan S, Cottereau B, Leahy RM, Mosher JC, Hammari H & Baillet S: A two-step imaging procedure for MEG characterization of cortical currents: Location and spatial extent. Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro (ISBI 2008), April 6-9, 2008, Paris, France. 2008: 1067–1070.
- Cottereau B, Jerbi K & Baillet S: A MEG Multiresolution model selection procedure reveals the cortical somatotopy of hand fingers. Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Noninvasive Imaging of the Brain and Heart, (NFSI 2007), October 12-14, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China. 2007: 28–31.
- Gramfort A, Cottereau B, Clerc M, Thirion B & Baillet S: Challenging the estimation of cortical activity from MEG with simulated fMRI constrained retinotopic maps. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2007), August 23-26, Convention Center, Lyon, France. 2007: 4945–8.
- Attal Y, Battacharjee M, Yelnik J, Cottereau B, Lefèvre J, Okada Y, Bardinet E, Chupin M & Baillet S: Modeling and detecting deep brain activity with meg & eeg. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC 2007), August 23-26, Convention Center, Lyon, France. 2007: 4937–40.
- Cottereau B, Jerbi K & Baillet S: Multiresolution Imaging of Neural Currents from MEG Data Using an Explicit Piecewise Image Model. Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro (ISBI 2006), April 6-9, 2006, Arlington, Virginia, USA. 2006: 233–236.