It is with great pleasure that we are announcing that the inaugural issue of the Stanford Energy Journal has been published. Our website URL is http://energyclub.stanford.edu/journal
What is the Stanford Energy Journal?
The Stanford Energy Journal is an online publication by the Stanford Energy Club focused on pressing issues relating to energy and the environment. The Journal is published online twice a year and features 10-15 articles of op-ed length focused on each issue’s single topic. Authors are drawn from a combination of Stanford students representing the depth and breadth of disciplines at Stanford and the world’s foremost thought leaders in science & technology, business, law, and policy. We believe a diversity of author viewpoints makes a better publication and can help interconnect people and institutions with novel approaches to the challenges we face.
About our Inaugural Issue: “The Future of Nuclear Energy”
We are very proud of the articles from our invited authors, alumni, and students and hope our readers find the writing from our author’s diverse perspectives to be informative and insightful.
- Burt Richter (Nobel Laureate in Physics, 1976) – Nuclear Energy Post Fukushima
- Jim Rogers (CEO Duke Energy) – “The Nuclear Renaissance” Opportunity: Lost, or Found?
- Bill Madia (VP SLAC National Laboratory) – Small Modular Reactors – Is Nuclear’s Future Getting Smaller?
- Michael May (former director Lawrence Livermore) – Game Changers and Learning from Experience
- George Frampton (former head Council Environmental Quality) – China: World’s Most Ambitious Nuclear Power Program
- Stephen Dean (President of Fusion Power Associates) – Fusion: “The Ultimate Energy Source”
- Dan Poneman (Deputy Secretary of Energy) – Nonproliferation and Civil Nuclear Cooperation
- Megan Guy (MS/MBA, Investment Professional at Angeleno Group) – Nuclear Renaissance Revisited: New Strategies for Public Engagement
- Kassia Yanosek (MBA, Principal at Quadrant Management) – Financing Nuclear Power in the U.S.
- Ahmed Sharif (MS&E) - Spent Nuclear Fuel in the United States, France, and Finland
- Charles Dunn (EE)- Multigenerational Warning Signs
- Koyel Battacharyya (Chem) - India Advances Thorium Breeding Technology
- Brenda Ou (ME) - Taiwan’s Nuclear Beach
- Firas Abuzaid (CS) – Fusion Disposal of Nuclear Waste
- Nils Johan Engelsen (Physics) - The Energy Amplifier
On behalf of the journal’s founders and student leadership team and the Stanford Energy Club, we sincerely hope you enjoy our first issue and look out for our second publication this coming summer.
Riddhima Gandhi (MS, Co-Editor in Chief, Stanford Energy Journal)
Kevin Hettrich (MS/MBA, President, Stanford Energy Journal)
Kristin Landry (MS, Co-Editor in Chief, Stanford Energy Journal)
James Mwaura (BS, Executive Producer, Stanford Energy Journal)
Siddhant Bhandari (VP of General Initiatives, Stanford Energy Club)