James Sumner posted an update 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Highlighting the Basic Information Regarding the Employment law
Employment law is that special subject of laws which deals with various legal rights and restrictions for the working people in their working places. There different categories of this law depending upon the position of the workers. The employment law is also commonly known as the labour law. There are two broad categories of the employment law, viz. individual labour law and collective labour law.
Individual labour law:
This category of the employment law solely talks about the rights of an employee according his/her contract. Some very common terms related to the individual labour law are:
1. Contract of the employment: This is the most common feature of the Minneapolis lawyers where a contract is used to be signed by an employee before entering to his/her workplace. The contract contains specific rules and regulation about his/her work which are more or less same in all companies; as the law have had been put forwarded by the national government.
2. Minimum wage: The minimum wage of an employee is totally depends on his/her position and status of the work. The minimum wages of a country is proportional to their economic condition; better the economic condition, better will be your wages.
3. Working time: With increasing technology and the competition in the market of development, the working time does not matter that much. Yet, in accordance to the employment law the working time should vary between 11 and 14 hours; but due to huge work pressure this time can also extended.
4. Health and safety: According to this labour law, it’s the company’s duty to look after the health and safety of their employees in any kind of serious conditions.
5. Anti discrimination: Discrimination among the employees like sexist discrimination or racial discrimination is totally illegal. Any complain against the issue of discrimination from an employee might put a lock to the company.
6. Unfair dismissal: The unfair dismissal states that none of the employees can be fired from their job without any legitimate motive.
7. Child labour: The child labours are those labour who are under the age of 17 and go for their workplaces in order to earn money. According to international labour law, child labouring is totally banned.
Collective labour law:
This category of the employment law deals with the group activities and relationships between Minneapolis lawyers, employer and the trade union of a single company. Some common terms related to this collective individual law are:
1. Trade unions (or labour union): This is a union of the labourer having the same goal of doing something good for the improvement of their company. This common goal includes increasing salary, a better working condition, protection of the integrity of its sale, etc.
2. Strikes: If any of the goals of the trade union is not been fulfilled, then the union might call for strike. Bye means of strikes the employees show their protests to their company. Calling of strikes is totally legal under certain circumstances.
3. Pickets: Picketing is a non-violent protest of the workers during the strikes. Picketing is usually been done to draw the attention of the common public in an urge to join their protest.