Join 21st century leaders in philanthropy to learn about how they launched successful new philanthropic models impacting society change. Moderated by Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society Executive Director, Kim Meredith.
Panel will include:
Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen, Founder Silicon Valley
Social Venture Fund SV2:
• Founder of SV2 a donor network that leverages its financial, intellectual, and human capital to make a meaningful, measurable impact in Silicon Valley and beyond.
• Co-founder and advisory board chairman of the Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society.
• Faculty member at Stanford Graduate School of Business and Stanford University, focusing on creating and teaching courses on Strategic Philanthropy.
• Laura holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business, an MA in education from Stanford University School of Education, and a BA and MA in art history from Stanford University.
Russ Hall, Co-Founder Legacy Venture:
• Co-founder of Legacy Venture, a philanthropic community that invests in premier capital funds to amplify the size and effectiveness of their philanthropy.
• Managing Director of Legacy Venture and Chairman of Legacy Works.
• Russ is on the advisory board for Stanford’s Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society, Full Circle Fund, Good Capital, and the Global Philanthropy Forum.
• Russ holds an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business where he graduated as an Arjay Miller Scholar, an MS from the University of California at Berkeley, and a BS from the United States Military Academy.
Jessica Jackley, Co-Founder Kiva:
• Co-founder of Kiva with a mission to connect people through lending for the sake of alleviating poverty.
• She has spoken widely on microfinance and social entrepreneurship in more than 30 countriies.
• Jessica has worked in the Stanford Center for Social Innovation to launch the inaugural Global Philanthropy Forum.
• Jessica holds an MBA from the Stanford Graduate School of Business with Certificates in Global Management and Public Management, and a BA in Philosophy and Political Science from Bucknell University.