UPDATE & VIDEO: Qaddafi killed
By Shadi Bushra, published October, 2011
Update: Although the facts are not all in yet, it appears that Qaddafi was captured alive and then subsequently killed. The TNC will be holding a news conference later in the day to give their take on the events.
A number of sources within the Transitional National Council have claimed that Moammar Qaddafi has been killed in the fighting at Sirt, his hometown and the last major pocket of violence. More on this soon, in the interim below are the reports from major American, British, and Middle Eastern media outlets.
Leave a comment »
Share this Article
- Live Blog: Supreme Court Rules Gay Sex Illegal - Wall Street Journal
- Obama handshake with Cuba's Castro stirs reaction - Los Angeles Times
- Ukraine Police Press In on Protesters - Wall Street Journal
- California: Man Is Charged in 'Revenge Porn' Case - New York Times
- Federal budget deal faces test in House - Los Angeles Times
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show through the years - New York Daily News
- Search expands for missing Nev. family - USA TODAY
- Uruguay to legalize marijuana, Senate says - CNN
- Pay gains for young women; inequality still seen - MiamiHerald.com
- Antarctic temperature hits record low - Aljazeera.com
The hush-hush of politics is controlling a segment of people without those people recognizing the... (Perspective: Occupy Stanford, Occupy The Future, and Why Care? )
yeah you are right, internet does provides a bridge between politicians and common people, i have... (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
That the question, Who cares if I sign this petition? (Democracy Is Not A Spectator Sport: Lobbying For Your Interests)
Yes Lee, the similarities between 1932 and 2011 are very strong.
The two prevailing factors to m... (Social Unrest and Money Printing: Is 2011 America's New 1932?)
The more I read the more depressed I become. There are now millions of former WWII children of wa... (Norway’s New Prisons: Could They Work Here?)