Batteries increase the weight and bulkiness of implanted devices. We are exploring wireless power transfer to solve the power source bottleneck. Our work includes:
- Proof from first principles that RF power transmission in the low GHz-range leads to dramatic receiver miniaturization. Learn more
- Demonstration of a power receiver that is 100× smaller than any previously reported in the literature, at the same power transfer efficiency and range. Learn more
- Proof from first principles and demonstration of the optimal power transmitter in the Fresnel field region. Learn more
- Development of a computational human body model based on the finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method to study mid-field wireless power transfer. Learn more
- Design the optimal power transmitter, aka the focused power transmitter.