For further information on the topic of parasitic immune system evasion, please explore our references in the Reference page and these extra websites and articles!
- The Center for Disease Control has archival information on all parasites and other pathogens.
- Denkers, Eric Y. “From cells to signaling cascades: manipulation of innate immunity by Toxoplasma gondii.” FEMS Immunology and medical Microbiology. 39 (2003) 193-203.
- Toxoplasma gondii is an interesting intracellular parasite that uses similar mechanisms that we have described.
- Van der Ploeg, Lex H.T. “Control of Variant Surface Antigen Switching in Trypanosomes.” Cell Press. 51 (1987). 159-161.
- African trypanosome T. brucei is the quintessential extracellular parasite. This minireview highlights its infamous evasion mechanism, antigenic variation.
- For more information on this nonprofit organization and to hear more about the latest in drug development and approval in developing countries, visit its website.
- Khamesipour, Ali, et. al. “Leishmaniasis vaccine candidates for development: A global overview.” Indian Journal of Medical Research (2006).
- A comprehensive overview of current and emerging Leishmaniasis treatments.