Selected Reference Sources
Selected Subject searches in Searchworks Hint: Look at Topics in the left-hand menu. Select "more" to see all the topics. Select a given topic for a list of books on that topic.
- Contemporary women's issues Contains full text of reports, articles, and newsletters on issues affecting women.
- Gender Watch Full text collection of journals, magazines, newsletters, regional publications, books, booklets and pamphlets, conference proceedings and governmental NGO and special reports devoted to women's and gender issues.
- Women's Resources International Indexes the core disciplines in Women's Studies to the latest scholarship in feminist research.
- LGBT Life with full text "A resource for literature regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues. Contains indexing and abstracts for more than 80 GLBT-specific core periodicals."
- PsycINFO Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- Sociological Abstracts Abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.
- MLA International Bibliography includes articles on film
Overviews and Background Information
- Sociological Abstracts: Abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences.
- ERIC: Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) from the US Department of Education. Bibliographic database of educational resources including articles, reports, and curriculum.
- PsycInfo: Contains citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, and technical reports in the field of psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- Anthropology Plus
- Ethnographic video online: visual encyclopedia of human behavior and culture, online in streaming video. Contains classic and contemporary documentaries; Includes footage from every continent and hundreds of unique cultures. Thematic areas include: language and culture, body language, economic systems, social stratification and status, caste systems and slavery, male and female roles, kinship and families, religion and magic, music and the arts, culture and personality, and sex, gender, and family roles.
Submitted by email@example.com on Fri, 06/11/2010 - 11:54.
I am looking for a test that might be used by a psychologist, educator, psychiatrist, or other social scientist, to measure some aspect of personality, behavior, cognition, perception, and other "mental measurements." (like Intelligence, Personality, Neuropsychological Functioning, Behavior, Speech, etc). How do I find descriptions and reviews?
Mental Measurement Yearbooks provide test users with descriptions of the various tests, references, and critical reviews of the tests. Criteria for inclusion in these volumes are that the tests either be new or recently revised, be available commercially, and be published in English. The year 2005 marked the publication of the 17th volume of the Mental Measurement Yearbook. Note that the Yearbook contains reviews only - not the tests themselves.
Buros Institute of Mental Measurements online keyword search allows you to Search by Keyword Anywhere for commercially published tests reviewed in the Mental Measurements Yearbooks, without having to look through each print volume. Results from the online search indicate which volume of Mental Measurements Yearbook provide scholarly reviews and summaries of the test. With that information you can find the reviews and summaries in the Mental Measurements Yearbooks, available in Green Information Center and Cubberley Education Library.