Concerns as president ranged from resolution (of the indirect cost dispute with the federal government) to restoration (of the campus after the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake) to preservation (of Stanford's greatest strengths, its faculty and students) to innovation (in curriculum, programs and physical plant).
The text of roughly 30 speeches, statements and letters
Cares of the University
A five-year report, October 1997
A photographic retrospective
The Presidential Portrait
Portrait by Anneliese Hermes
- Commission on Undergraduate Education Report, Stanford University, September 1994.
- Casper's First Five: 'The most intensive five years of my life,' Stanford Magazine, November/December 1997
- What he did, Stanford Magazine November/December 1999
- Faculty, students reflect on Casper's accomplishments, Stanford Report, 22 September 1999
- The Stanford Renaissance: A final look at the Casper years, The Stanford Daily, 24 August, 2000
- The Stanford Presidency: A conversation with Gerhard Casper (video), 2005