> Regulatory Matters
> Electronic Export Information
<< Previous << | >> Next >>
Electronic Export Information
(formerly known as Shipper's Export Declaration – SED)
The U.S. Department of Commerce (Census Bureau) requires that the Electronic Export Information (EEI) be filed for qualifying international shipments from the U.S. The filing serves the dual purpose of providing export statistics and export control.
The EEI must be filed for shipments from (and between) the U.S., Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands to foreign destinations if any of the following applies:
- Shipment of merchandise is valued at more than U.S. $2,500 and is sent from the same exporter to the same recipient on the same day (Note: Shipments to Canada from the U.S. are exempt from this requirement).
- Export Controlled Items, regardless of value, if:
- shipment contains merchandise that requires an export license or permit.
- merchandise is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- shipment is being sent to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria.
- shipment contains rough diamonds.
For additional EEI information, please visit FedEx Ship Manager® at FedEx.com. web site.