Course: Understanding Cost Policy (ORA-1101)
Who should take this course?
- This course is the first of three required for staff to be granted authority for approving transactions in Oracle Financials.
- This course is also recommended for anyone initiating transactions in the Oracle Financials System.
- Practice stewardship of Stanford and sponsor funds
- Understand the three major fund classifications
- Recognize the impact of sponsored projects on financial transactions
- Understand and describe Direct and Indirect Costs
- Correctly identify expenses or tasks as either allowable or unallowable according to University policy and/or federal regulations
- Understand and apply the four cost principles when coding transactions
- Describe the purpose of attributes in Stanford's accounting system
How to access training?
To receive credit for this course, register through STARS and complete the training
Enroll in course now
Course owned / Maintained by:
Dean of Research
- Recommended Internet browsers: Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 (PC users) or Firefox 3.0 (PC and Mac users)
- Flash player 7.0 (or later)
- Headphones or speakers (optional)
Related Training Materials
Close window | Go Home: Gateway to Financial Activities for Staff