How To: Create Salary Distribution Adjustment in LD
Who does this? Users who have been granted the authority to create salary adjustments after completing Labor Distribution Adjustments training. Transactions are restricted to the user's organization.
When? There is a need to transfer salary charges from one account to another when correcting salary distributions.
How? Using the Labor Distribution module of the Oracle Financials application. Learn about getting access to the Labor Distribution module of Oracle Financials.
Create Salary Distribution Adjustment in LD (8 steps)
Launch the Labor Distribution module of the Oracle Financials application as a Labor Distribution Adjuster:
- Enter https://ofweb.stanford.edu/.
- Enter your SUNet ID and password if prompted.
- Click the SU LD Distribution Adjuster link in the Navigator section.
Find the distributions to transfer:
- Click Distribution Adjustments Dashboard link in the center box.
- Click on New LDA button on the dashboard.
- Enter the Employee Name for the correct month.
- Choose the correct Assignment if more than one is listed.
- Enter the Begin Date and End Date of the distribution(s) to be transferred.
- Click Find button.
Select the distribution lines to be corrected:
- In the Actual Distributions box, click the checkbox in the Transfer column for the line to be transferred.
- Click Done button.
Enter the distribution adjustment:
- In the Adjusted Distributions box, click an empty line.
- Enter the Project.
- Enter the Task.
- Enter the Award.
- Tab through the Organization and the Expenditure Type fields (they cannot be changed).
- Enter the Amount.
- Click another blank line if the Amount is to be split among multiple PTAs.
- Click Freeze Set button when the Unaccounted Balance is zero.
- Click Submit button.
Justify the distribution adjustment:
- Enter the Justification in the Comments box.
- Click OK button.
- Click OK button in the popup window.
Add additional approvers and FYI's, if desired:
- Place cursor on a blank line under the existing approver that the system auto populated.
Note: Endroute information cannot be modified.
- Enter additional Approver information on blank line by entering SUNet ID or Full Name.
- Select either Approve or FYI for each new approver entered.
- Rearrange the approver order, if desired by modifying the numbers in the list.
Note: To restore the original set of defaulted approvers, click Restore button.
- Click Submit.
Replace default approvers, if desired:
- Overwrite the existing approver with the new approver's SUNet ID or Full Name.
Note: If you replace the default approver, you must enter someone with sufficient authority.
- Click Submit.
Note: If you have created a new LDA, you will be prompted to begin another. If you have no other LDA's to create, close the Find Distributions window to review the refreshed Dashboard.
Logout of the application:
- Close the Distribution Adjustments Dashboard window.
- Close the Navigator window.
- Click OK button to exit.
- Click Logout link.
What Happens Next?
- Unless the adjustment has been self-approved, it is routed to the approval list as indicated in the transaction.