Overview: Online Preparation of Departmental Deposits Using CASHNet.com
Stanford Schools and Departments are encouraged to use CASHNet.com for convenient and accurate online preparation of departmental receipts for deposit.
On this page:
- What Is CASHNet.com?
- Who Should Use CASHNet.com?
- What Are the Advantages of Using CASHNet.com?
- How Can My Department Get Access to CASHNet.com?
- What Happens After My Department Requests Access?
- Questions? Need Assistance?
What Is CASHNet.com?
CASHNet.com is the University's web-based cashiering application used to process department deposits and other types of payments to the University. Department depositors can use CASHNet.com to conveniently and quickly enter their deposit information online and to view receipt and deposit information and status anytime. Check and cash receipts still must be physically delivered to Wells Fargo, Tresidder Memorial Union to complete the deposit, but the need for filling out the paper transmittal form is eliminated and processing time at the bank is reduced.
Who Should Use CASHNet.com?
Departments are encouraged to use CASHNet.com for online preparation of department deposits, streamlining the processing time.
What Are the Advantages of Using CASHNet.com?
- CASHNet.com's ability to auto-fill PTAE/O and other frequently referenced departmental information reduces the time to prepare transmittals and improves accuracy of information.
- Transmittals can be prepared online, anytime.
- Processing time is significantly streamlined as all the transmittal information is available online.
- Authorized department staff can view deposit history and pending deposit information online, anytime.
How Can My Department Get Access to CASHNet.com?
You can request access to CASHNet.com for your department by submitting the online CASHNet.com Request Form. Detailed instructions for completing the request are included on the form.
What Happens After My Department Requests Access?
- Once your request is received, your Department Finance Manager, as identified on the request, will be prompted for approval of account set-up and of designated operators by email.
- Once approval is received from the Finance Manager, the requester, designated operators and the Finance Manager receive an email confirming the request and notifying of CASHNet.com account set-up processing time (usually 3-5 business days).
- Once set-up of the Department CASHNet.com account is complete, a "Congratulations" email is sent to the Finance Manager and designated department operators, including step-by-step procedures on how to access CASHNet.com for the first time and how to manage passwords and on-going departmental access.
Questions? Need Assistance?
- For online set-up and password re-set assistance, please submit a HelpSU request.
- For step-by-step instructions, refer to the Departmental Deposits: CASHNet User Guide.
- For general assistance:
- Call 650-498-7526, or
- Visit the University Cashier's Office at 459 Lagunita Drive, Suite 7; on the second floor of Tresidder (above CoHo) between 9AM and 5PM, Monday to Friday.