Resources: Checklist for Purchases Requiring a Contract (Purchase of Certain Services or Construction-Related Work)
Reference: Determining when a contract is required
The Requisition Should Include:
- A complete description of the Work/Services to be performed, expected deliverables, and milestone completion dates, if any.
- Complete Supplier contact information, including email address.
- The name of the Stanford Project Manager.
- If the request is a change order, provide new end date.
The Requisition Attachments and/or Notes Must Include:
- Proposal from the supplier
- If competitively bid, the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Invitation to Bid (IFB), addenda, if any, and all bids received
- If not competitively bid, a Single/Sole Source Justification form including how Supplier's proposed price was determined to be fair and reasonable.
- A compliant, current certificate of insurance, with endorsement forms, or a request to waive insurance and the reason.
For Construction Projects, Add:
- Name and complete contact information of architect, if any.
- If requesting waiver of Payment and Performance Bond, a waiver memo, signed by cognizant Dean or V.P.
- If capital project, project number and title.
For New Individual Consultants / Contractors*, Add:
- A completed Independent Consultants/Contractors Checklist and a list of current clients other than Stanford. Independent Consultants and Contractors Checklist
If Using Sponsored Funds, Add:
- Copy of the NOA and budget
* New individual consultants/contractors means that Purchasing has not done prior business with the consultant. Refer to the Supplier Query tool.
For questions or help: