ARCHIVED Bulletin: Issue with New 285 Report for Sep-07 Presenting Some Duplicate Commitments (Posted October 19, 2007)
To: Oracle Financials Reporting Users
From: Financial Systems Support
Subj: Issue: New 285 Report for Sep-07 Presenting Some Duplicate Commitments
As announced on October 9, 2007, the FIN_EXP_285_Mo_Detail_Statement (the new Expenditure Statement's title in RM3) now contains commitments related to salary, student aid, and purchasing transactions, as well as the related burdening. We have encountered an issue with some of the purchasing-related commitments on some PTAs.
Due to a timing issue with the processes during the September month-end close, some transactions were reflected as both an actual expenditure (source code AP_INV) and as a commitment (source code E_AP). Other commitment transactions with source code E_AP are valid (they had not yet been posted as actual expenditures). The duplicate transactions will have the same Dept Ref (invoice number) for both the actual expenditure and the commitment (source code E_AP).
- begin when the Requisition is approved (source code E_REQ), then
- become a Purchase Order (source code E_PO), then
- are still a commitment while the invoice is processed (source code E_AP), and
- finally become an actual expenditure (source code AP_INV) and the commitments are removed when the transactions is fully posted.
For additional information on how purchasing commitments are determined, please see Overview: Purchasing Commitments.
- You do not need to do anything to correct these transactions.
- You should be aware of the situation and how the duplicates, if any, will effect your projections.
- You may choose to run the report with the Commitment prompt set to "None" if you do not want to see any commitments on your report.
Although we cannot retroactively correct these errors for statements run for Sep-07, we are working hard to ensure this does not recur in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.
Financial Systems Support