ARCHIVED Bulletin: Scheduled Oracle Financials System Downtime (Posted December 8, 2008)
During the month of December 2008, Financial Systems Support will be upgrading the database and hardware on which the Oracle Financials system runs. The upgrades will occur over the weekend during non-business hours. See detailed schedule provided below.
What Does This Mean to You?
- During the scheduled downtime, you WILL NOT be able to access Oracle Financials (i.e. iOU, iProcurement, PCard, iJournals, iBudgets, Labor Distribution, etc.).
- ReportMart3 WILL BE available to run Oracle Financials reports with some impacts as noted below:
- Most reports with the Daily icon (those based on the EDW data warehouse) will be available with data as of Thursday. The remainder of the reports with the Daily icon will be grayed out and not available.
- Reports with the Real Time icon will not be available to run during the scheduled system downtime.
Oracle Financials System Downtime Schedule
- Week Ending December 12
- Beginning: Friday, December 12th at 6:00 PM
- Ending: Saturday, December 13th at 1:00 PM
- Week Ending December 19
- Beginning: Saturday, December 20th at 1:00 AM
- Ending: Sunday, December 21st at 8:00 AM
Ongoing system maintenance is important. While we recognize that system downtime can be inconvenient, it is necessary to ensure overall system performance, efficiency, and reliability. We hope this notice will help you to plan your activities around the system downtime schedule. A reminder notice will be sent a few days prior to the event.
If you have an urgent issue that requires immediate attention, please submit a HelpSU form or call 5-HELP (650-725-4357).
Thank you for your cooperation.