How To: Request Equipment for Loan or Demo
Before You Start
- Identify your Department Property Administrator (DPA) and review the loan with them.
- The requester should obtain the following to attach to the requisition:
- the purchase justification (for the full value)
- Single / Sole Source Justification form
- item quote
- loan agreement
- Obtain the following from your DPA, if possible. Otherwise, the DPA will need to edit your requisition during approval.
- screening attestation
- amortization PTAEO(S), if applicable
- amortization PTAEO(S) percentages, if applicable
- Will equipment be used in a service center?
- trade in tag number (optional), if applicable
Note: When requesting a loan, use Standard Capital Equipment requisition type regardless of the equipment's status (Capital Equipment or non-Capital Equipment).
Step 3 – Checkout
- Review the Admin Guide's Equipment Loans to Stanford Memo.
- The Financial Support Center will forward your request to Procurement – Purchasing Services. A buyer will arrange the purchase of your loaned item from the supplier.
- The DPA will receive notice that the HelpSU request has been completed.
- The DPA should receive or inform user to enter receiving information in iProcurement before payment is generated. Please see How To: Receive Goods.
- For additional assistance, ask the Financial Support Center (3-2772)for your buyer contact information.