Note: Gift Transmittals will be available university-wide beginning March 25, 2013. Prior to the campus-wide release, Gift Transmittals has been successfully implemented in the School of Medicine and School of Engineering.
Gaining Access to Gift Transmittals
Before you can process gift transmittals online:
- You must complete required training.
- Your school / department must grant you Gift Transmittals authority using the Authority Manager application. See authorized authority grantors.
Gift Transmittals Authority
The role and associated privileges you are assigned in Authority Manager determine the tasks you can perform in Gift Transmittals.
If you are responsible for initiating and/or completing gift transmittals, you will need Gift User authority. This role also allows you to upload documents, request new funds, designate approval routings, and track gift processing progress.
If you are responsible for review and approval of gift transmittals, you will need Gift Approver authority. Gift Approver authority allows the same capabilities as Gift User authority and also the ability to electronically approve or reject the transmittals.
If you are a member of the Office of Development and are responsible for initiating gift transmittals and/or completing the stewardship form you will need OOD Fundraiser authority. This role allows the same capabilities as Gift User authority and also the ability to complete the stewardship form.
Notes on obtaining authority in Gift Transmittals:
- In Gift Transmittals, you will have access to accounts (PTAs) as defined in your Oracle Financials reporting authority (i.e., ReportMart3).
- Departments are responsible for granting and updating authority privileges.
- If you are responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts (PTAs) you may need to request authority from additional departments.