Message: Planned Oracle Upgrade and Scheduled Downtime (Posted November 1, 2010)
Over the 2010 Thanksgiving holiday, Oracle Financials at Stanford will be upgraded to Oracle Release 12.
Why Are We Upgrading?
- To ensure cost-effective support as the current version of Oracle Financials is at the end of its support life
- To incorporate tracking of Foreign Activity as required by new IRS reporting regulations
- To allow addition of new features / improvements offered by Oracle
Cutover and Downtime Schedule
To minimize the impact, the upgrade is scheduled to begin the day before the Thanksgiving holiday, limiting Oracle Application downtime during normal business to 1½ days.
- Oracle Financial Applications will not be available from noon Tuesday, November 23 through 6:00 am Monday, November 29.
- ReportMart3 and FFIT will not be available from noon Tuesday, November 23 through 6:00 am Monday, November 29. During this downtime a copy of RM3 / FFIT will be available from 1 pm Tuesday November 23 through noon Saturday, November 27 with data as of midnight Monday, November 22, for inquiry and reporting purposes.
Oracle Financial Applications not available during cutover include iProcurement, SmartMart, iBudgets, iJournals, iOU, PCard, Labor Distribution, Sunflower Assets, Workflow Notifications, CMS, CADMS, and EAM (Work Orders for Buildings & Grounds Maintenance and SOM Facilities ).
See Oracle R12 Cutover Calendar and related deadlines.
What's Changing for Campus Users?
Changes to Oracle self-service applications used across campus are minimal. Users will notice:
- New look reflecting Oracle's color change to the top of screens
- Minor changes to iProcurement
- New button to "Manage Approval" routing lists
- Ability to organize "Favorite" items into multiple folders for RPO/STD requisitions
- New "location" fields in iOU, iProcurement and PCard modules to support Foreign Activity Tracking
- Labor Distribution, Sunflower Assets and Core Forms users will require a new version of Java on their desktop. Administrative Systems and local desktop support teams are coordinating installation. Information and instructions will be provided two weeks prior to the upgrade.
- Information on recommended browsers for Oracle R12 applications will be published by November 10.
Questions / Support?
- Requests for Grounds and Building Maintenance services to be performed during the outage must be placed and approved by Tuesday, November 16th to allow sufficient time for scheduling. As always, any urgent facilities issues requiring immediate attention should be reported by phone to 650-723-2281.
- For other questions, contact the Financial Support Center (3-2772).