Harvard University, Cambridge, MA - Ph.D. in Applied Physics/Physical Chemistry, 1994.
Columbia University, New York, NY - M.S. in Applied Sciences in 1991.
TsingHua University, Beijing, P. R. China - B.S. in Physics in 1989.
(1) J. G. Jackson and C. J. Wood Professor of Chemistry, Stanford University. October 2007 to present.
(2) Professor of Chemistry, Stanford University. January 2006 to present.
(3) Associate Professor of Chemistry, Stanford University, September 2002 to 2005.
(4) Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Stanford University, September, 1997 to August, 2002.
Awards and Honors
(1) Fellow of American Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2009.
(2) The Ramabrahmam and Balamani Guthikonda Award at Columbia University, 2009.
(3) American Physical Society James McGroddy Prize for New Materials, 2006.
(4) Changjian Visiting Professorship, Tsinghua University, China. 2005-2008.
(5) Julius Springer Prize for Applied Physics, 2004
(6) Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 2002
(7) American Chemical Society Pure Chemistry Award, 2002
(8) Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow, 2001
(9) Packard Fellowship for Science and Engineering, 1999
(10) Terman Fellowship, Stanford University, 1998
(11) Young Microscopist of the Year Award, from Molecular Imaging Co., 1998
(12) Camille and Henry Dreyfus New Faculty Award, 1997
(13) Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences, 2010
(1) Applied Physics A, Springer.
(2) Advance Functional Materials, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH.
(3) Small, Wiley-VCH Verlag
(4) Chemical Physics Letters.
(5) International Journal of Nanoscience, World Scientific, Singapore.
(6) Nano Letters, American Chemical Society.
(7) Nanotechnology, Institute of Physics, England.
(8) Nano Research, Springer and Tsinghua University Press.
Department of Chemistry
William Keck Science Building rm 125
Stanford, CA 94305-5080
tel 650 723 4518
fax 650 725 9793