Annual Research Briefs 2008
- A probabilistic framework for high-speed flow simulations.
R. Pecnik, P. Constantine, F. Ham and G. Iaccarino
- Breaking the curse of dimensionality for a class of PDEs with stochastic inputs.
A. Doostan and G. Iaccarino
- A rational interpolation scheme with super-polynomial rate of convergence.
Q. Wang, P. Moin and G. Iaccarino
- Minimal repetition dynamic checkpointing algorithm for unsteady adjoint calculation.
Q. Wang and P. Moin
- Application of data assimilationmethods to a dynamo model with turbulent magnetic helicity.
I. N. Kitiashvili, A. G. Kosovichev, T. Bewley, J. Cessna and C. Colburn
- An immersed boundary method for numerical simulations of boundary layers with roughness.
O. Marxen and G. Iaccarino
- Direct numerical simulation of canonical shock/turbulence interaction.
- Spurious oscillations and conservation errors in interface-capturing schemes.
- Numerical errors generated in simulations of slowly moving shocks.
E. Johnsen and S. K. Lele
- Large-eddy simulation of jet mixing in a supersonic turbulent cross-flow.
S. Kawai and S. K. Lele
- Dimensional reduction approach to shock-capturing.
- Analysis of the FIRE II flight experiment by means of a collisional radiative model.
T. E. Magin, M. Panesi, A. Bourdon and A. Bultel
- Grid-independent large-eddy simulation using explicit filtering.
S. T. Bose, P. Moin and D. You
- A dynamic global-coefficient subgrid-scale model for compressible turbulence in complex geometries.
D. You and P. Moin
- Modeling of the subfilter scalar dissipation rate.
G. Balarac, V. Raman and H. Pitsch
- Analysis of the entire surge cycle of a multi-stage high-speed compressor.
- Large-eddy simulation analysis of turbulent combustion in a gas turbine engine combustor.
D. You, F. Ham and P. Moin
- DNS of a buoyancy-dominated turbulent flow using an immersed boundary method.
S. Kang, G. Iaccarino and F. Ham
- Large-eddy simulation of a turbulent buoyant helium plume.
G. Blanquart and H. Pitsch
- DNS of droplet evaporation and combustion in a swirling combustor.
K. Luo, O. Desjardins and H. Pitsch
- Radiation-spray coupling for realistic flow configurations.
H. El-Asrag and H. Pitsch
- Numerical simulation of scalar dispersion downstream of a square obstacle.
R. Rossi and G. Iaccarino
- Prediction of sound generated by complex flows at low Mach number regimes.
Y. Khalighi, A. Mani, F. Ham and P. Moin
- Detailed modeling of combustion noise using a hydrodynamic/acoustic splitting model.
A. Giauque and H. Pitsch
- Combustion noise modeling using compressible simulations.
A. L. Birbaud and H. Pitsch
- Improved scalar transport for unstructured finite volume methods using simplex superposition.
- Simulations of vortex-dominated flows: adaptive vorticity confinement vs. rotational-form upwinding.
S. Hahn and G. Iaccarino
- Phase transition approach to detecting singularities of PDEs.
- Entry length requirements for direct simulations of turbulent boundary layers
J. Jimenez, M. P. Simens, S. Hoyas and Y. Mizuno
- On well-balanced schemes for non-equilibrium flow with stiff source terms.
W. Wang, C.-W. Shu, H. C. Yee and B. Sjogreen
- Large-activation-energy theory for premixed combustion under the influence of enthalpy fluctuations in the oncoming mixture. Part I: general formulation.
X. Wu and P. Moin
- Large-activation-energy theory for premixed combustion under the influence of enthalpy fluctuations in the oncoming mixture. Part II: applications.
X. Wu and P. Moin
- Direct numerical simulation of soot formation in turbulent non-premixed flames.
F. Bisetti, G. Blanquart and H. Pitsch
- Detailed simulations of primary breakup of turbulent liquid jets in crossflow.
M. G. Pai, O. Desjardins and H. Pitsch
- A level set based method for calculating flux densities in two-phase flows.
- Large-eddy simulation of an evaporating and reacting spray.
T. Lederlin and H. Pitsch
- Diffuse-interface modeling of liquid-vapor phase separation in a van der Waals fluid.
A. G. Lamorgese and R. Mauri
- Signatures of emerging subsurface structures in the Sun.
T. Hartlep, A. G. Kosovichev, J. Zhao and N. N. Mansour
- Appendix: Center for Turbulence Research 2008 Roster