Welcome to the website of the Belgian Association at Stanford University. This website serves to announce the activities organized by Belgica on Stanford Campus. You can also find a list of the current affiliates, and the alumni. If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact us. Our contact information can be found in the Contacts tab.
- When: Evening of Friday October 11 2013
- Where: BBQ area overlooking Stanford's picturesque "lake" Lagunita: BBQ area on Google Maps
- Cost: FREE!
- RSVP: Please RSVP by Wednesday October 9, 11:59 PM by emailing [last_name_of_the_belgica_president]@stanford.edu where you fill in [last_name_of_the_belgica_president] with duerloo. Please include the total number of people in your party.
The upcoming Belgica lunches (we meet around 12:30 PM):
- Tuesday October 15 - Nexus
- Wednesday October 30 - Arbuckle Cafe at GSB (we exceptionally meet at 12 PM for this lunch)
- Tuesday November 12 - Coupa Cafe at Y2E2 (careful, there are multiple Coupa Cafes!)
- Tuesday November 26 - Olives
- Wednesday December 4 - Cool Cafe
The purpose of Belgica is twofold. We bring together Belgians and other students interested in Belgian culture to exchange ideas about the experience of living in the United States and to help each other with the integration process. Secondly, we participate every year in several cultural events organized on the Stanford campus to introduce and promote the Belgian culture to the members of the Stanford community.
Leadership Team 2012-2013
- President: Karel-Alexander Duerloo, PhD Candidate in Materials Science and Engineering
- Financial Officer: Lucas Peeters, PhD Candidate in Physics
- Vice President: Stephanie Dupont, PhD Candidate in Materials Science and Engineering
- Web Officer: Raf Mertens
Please register on the mailing list if you wish to stay informed.
Website last updated on August 13 2013.