- Interplay between information technologies, information sharing, and human judgment
- Affect of remote and distributed work on employees' shared understanding of work
- Affect of intellectual property agreements on information sharing
- Limitations of expertise
- Dahlin, K., Weingart, L, & Hinds, P. (2006). Team diversity and information use. Academy of Management Journal, 48, 1107-1123.
- Hinds, P & Mortensen, M. (2005). Understanding conflict in geographically distributed teams: The Moderating Effects of Shared Identity, Shared Context, and Spontaneous Communication. Organization Science, 16, 290-307.
- Cramton, C. & Hinds, P. (2005). Subgroup dynamics in internationally distributed teams: Ethnocentrism or cross-national learning? Research in Organizational Behavior, 26, 231-263.
- Hinds, P., Roberts, T., & Jones, H. (2004). Whose job is it anyway? A study of human-robot interaction on a collaborative task. Human Computer Interaction, 19, 151-181.
- Zolin, R., Hinds, P., Fruchter, R. & Levitt, R. (2004). Interpersonal trust in cross-functional, geographically distributed work: A longitudinal study. Information & Organizations, 14, 1-26.
- Hinds, P. & Bailey, D. (2003). Out of sight, Out of sync: Understanding conflict in distributed teams. Organization Science, 14, 615-632.
- Mortensen, M. & Hinds, P. (2001). Conflict and shared identity in geographically distributed teams. International Journal of Conflict Management, 212-238.
- Hinds, P., Patterson, M., & Pfeffer, J. (2001). Bothered by abstraction: The effect of expertise on knowledge transfer and subsequent novice performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 86, 1232-1243.
- Hinds, P., Carley, K., Krackhardt, D., & Wholey, D. (2000). Choosing Work Group Members: Balancing similarity, competence, and familiarity. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 81, 226-251.
- Hinds, P. (1999). The curse of expertise: The effects of expertise and debiasing methods on predictions of novice performance. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 5, 205-221.
- Hinds, P. (1999). Some cognitive costs of video. Media Psychology, 1, 283-311.
- Hinds, P. & Kiesler, S. (1995). Communication across boundaries: Work, structure, and use of communication technologies in a large organization. Organization Science, 6, 373-393