Office of Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (D – CA 14th) – new in 2012
Faculty Mentor: Morris Fiorina
Faculty Mentor Email: email@example.com
Project Description: We are seeking a motivated, organized, and reliable individual to assist the legislative and administrative staff with day-to-day duties. Such duties include managing the front office, drafting constituent correspondence letters, doing legislative research, drafting press releases, compiling press clips, assisting staff in hearing and markup preparation, and attending briefings.
Desired Skills, Experience, Coursework:
- Any field of study at Stanford may be appropriate. We are looking for rigorous demonstration of excellence in the field chosen.
- Previous experiences in politics or press are not required. Candidates should have an understanding of the federal government, and a communications/writing background.
- Applicants must work well under pressure.
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Any other languages are a plus.