Instructions & Checklist
Use the Freshman Application Instructions PDF and the Freshman Requirements & Process web pages as guides to preparing your application to Stanford.
Download and print the Stanford Freshman Application Instructions
The Arts Supplement is optional and may be submitted if you have extraordinary talent in the arts.
- ACCESS all forms at The Common Application. The Common Application and Stanford Supplement must be submitted online. Paper versions of these forms will not be accepted unless approved in advance by the Director of Admission.
- USE your official name on all testing and application documents.
- CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org if you used a different name on testing documents.
- ADD email@example.com to your email address book or safe senders list.
- ASK your counselor and teachers to submit all of their documents online.
- WRITE your Common Application ID number on any downloaded forms
and on the Freshman Mailing Labels (PDF).
- SUBMIT your application ahead of deadlines to avoid both technical difficulties with the Common Application website and significant delays in processing your application.
- DO NOT send additional materials such as resumes, research papers, newspaper articles and writing samples. They will not be considered.
- VISIT International Applicants for additional information (if applicable).
Before You Click Submit
- USE the “Print Preview” feature in the Common Application to confirm content.
- PRINT and save copies of your application and all submitted materials.
After You Click Submit
- CONFIRM that both your Common Application and Stanford Supplement have been submitted successfully in the “My Colleges” section of The Common Application.
Checking Your Application Status
- CHECK your application status regularly once we have confirmed receipt of your application. This may take up to three weeks after the deadline.
Required Application Components
- Official Testing (SAT or ACT Plus Writing) sent from the College Board or ACT
- School Report
- Official Transcript(s)
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- The First-Year Common Application
- The Stanford Supplement to the Common Application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver request
- CSS PROFILE (if applicable)
- FAFSA (if applicable)
*PDF documents require the free downloadable Adobe Acrobat Reader software for viewing.
November 3, 2012 1:48 AM