SCRA is the home court to six USTA tennis teams, and has an additional team who’s home court is Stanford’s Taube Family Tennis Stadium. All SCRA members are encouraged to come out and play for a team. There are no try-outs, all you need is help with your ranking (2.5, 3.0 etc.) by one of SCRA’s tennis professionals.
To Join a USTA SCRA Team, first contact Andrea Barnes at email@example.com. for placement. Once you are placed at the appropriate level you can register on line by clicking here.
NorCal USTA will need about 7 days from the time you become a USTA Member (or renew your membership) until they will place you on a team.
To view information about each USTA SCRA team, including it's captain/contact information plus each team's roster, match schedule and win-loss results, simply click here. Search for "teams (this season)", then enter "Stanford" in the adjacent box. Click Search, and you will get a list of our teams. Click on any team to see the roster and playing results.
Come join us! A great way to get started is by contacting Andrea Barnes, Director of SCRA Tennis at the club email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650) 736-SCRA (7272) option 2.
SCRA USTA Guidelines
The SCRA Tennis Committee has defined rules and guidelines for USTA League play. Their purpose is to formalize the recommended manner in which teams should be established and managed to accomplish the objectives of providing our members with a place to improve their playing skills, engage in competitive play, and promote community spirit. While the SCRA Board reserves the right to establish and enforce rules that best support the well-being of SCRA and its members, it understands that rigid rules would prohibit the flexibility often required to establish USTA teams. When extenuating circumstances exist they should be brought to the SCRA Tennis Chair for consideration.
1) If an individual is eligible to join SCRA, he or she cannot participate on a USTA team as a non-member.
- Nonmembers participating on USTA teams must pay a $50.00
fee prior to the start of each USTA season. It is the captain’s responsibility to collect this fee before the season begins and to remove from the roster any player who has not paid. Nonmembers on SCRA teams may use the SCRA courts only during scheduled practices (approved by the Tennis Director and shown on the sign in sheet) and scheduled USTA matches unless signed in as a guest.
- Teams must have the Tennis Committee’s approval prior to registration.
- Captains must submit their home schedule and preferred playing dates to the Tennis Director as soon as received so a master schedule can be completed for all teams prior to the season.
- A SCRA member who is “at level” must be placed on the team roster at the appropriate level if such a team is fielded by SCRA.
Teams that cannot fill their roster with members should consult the Tennis Director to work out a solution:
1) Best option is to partner with another area club to co-host a team.
2) In the event that a co-team is not formed, a team must consist of at least 50% SCRA members.