Regular SCRA Membership offers the member and his/her family (spouse and children under age 25) full use of all SCRA facilities, participation in all programs and one vote to decide club policy at annual or special meetings. This membership is open only to:
- Currently "Eligible" families as defined by the SCRA by-laws and described in the Eligibility section of the web site
qualified to own property on Stanford campus through Housing Office.
- Upon joining, Regular members are assessed an initiation fee of $2,000 ($500 due within 15 days of the date of joining, remaining balance due within twelve months).
Ongoing dues are $120 per month. Those eligible for payroll deduction are required to pay dues monthly through the deduction program. Those ineligible for payroll deduction shall pay quarterly ($360) or annually ($1,440) in advance.
Emeritus Membership offers full use of all SCRA facilities, participation in all programs, and one half vote to decide club policy. This membership is open only to these individuals and their immediate families (under age 25):
- Currently "Eligible" Stanford emeriti
- Emeriti living on Stanford campus, and;
- Emeriti and senior staff that were "Eligible" to own property on Stanford campus when they "retired" (even though once retired they are no longer "Eligible" to own property on campus)
- Upon joining, Emeritus members are assessed an initiation fee of $2,000 ($500.00 due within 15 days of the date of joining, remaining balance due within twelve months).
A Regular Member, upon becoming an emeritus, may convert their membership to an Emeritus Membership without paying an additional initiation fee. Note: Member must submit in writting to SCRA Management the change of stauts before the dues rate change can take effect. No refunds allowed for lack of notice to management. On-going dues are $90 per month, payable quarterly ($270) or annually ($1,080) in advance or if still eligible for payroll deductions on-going monthly without any lapses during the calendar year otherwise they should pay quarterly or annually.
Regular or Emeritus Membership Application: To download an pdf application form, go to membership tab above.
- Special memberships are granted at the discretion of the Board of Directors. We currently allow the following types of special memberships:
Extended Family Membership
Extended Family Memberships are available to the adult children or parents of current SCRA Members. These memberships entitle adult children (over 25) and their spouses and children or parents of current members to use the SCRA facilities without being accompanied by a regular SCRA member. This program costs $120 per month and those joining must pay for the first six months in advance. Subsequent payment is due quarterly in advance ($360 per quarter) or annually at $1,440 by credit card or check. For application form go to membership tab above for pdf download.
Winter Swim Only Membership (Family)
Members of the community who are not eligible for full membership may take out family swim only memberships during the period from October 1 through March 31st. The pool is open to winter swimmers for lap/rec swimming from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m seven days a week. However, during weekdays, winter swimmers may not swim from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during Master Swim Sessions nor from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. M-F during swim team practice.
For complete information download the Winter Swim SCRA Membership Application go to membership tab above.
Summer Swim Only Membership (Indiviudal)
Members of the community who are not eligible for full membership may take out family swim only memberships during the period from April 1st through September 30. The pool is open to summer swim only swimmers for lap/rec swimming from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 am seven days a week and 8pm-10pm. However, during weekdays, summer swimmers may not swim from 11am to 8pm during the high traffic times for the club.
For complete information and an application form contact Steve.Robe@stanford.edu or call 650-736-SCRA (7272).