Minor in Symbolic Systems
Students may minor in Symbolic Systems by completing either item 1 or item 2 below.
- One course in each of the following core areas (please note that several of these courses have prerequisites):
- Cognition: SYMSYS 100* or PSYCH 55
- Logic and Computation: PHIL 150 or 151, or CS 103 or 154
- Computer Programming: CS 106B, 106X, or 107
- Philosophical Foundations: SYMSYS 100* or PHIL 80
- Formal Linguistics: LINGUIST 120, 130A, or 180
- Artificial Intelligence: CS 121 or 221
- SYMSYS 100, plus an interdisciplinary SSP concentration listed on the SSP web site at http://symsys.stanford.edu. To qualify, the selection of courses used for the minor must be interdisciplinary; it must either include courses from at least three departments, or include more than one course from each of two departments.
* SYMSYS 100 may not be counted for both areas 'a' and 'd'.