Thanks to hard work and detailed feedback from our colleagues in Earth Sciences, Engineering, and Humanities & Sciences deans’ offices, the FY09 Department Profiles were released in a substantially redesigned format, including many more statistics as well as historical trend data.
Major additions in this ‘new and improved’ Department Profile format include:
- Multi-year history graphs for selected faculty, student, teaching, research, and financial data
- Faculty and student counts by gender and ethnicity
- PhD admission, completion, and time to degree data
- Teaching and research data presented from both the department perspective (activity within the department, from any source) and the faculty perspective (activity conducted by department faculty, occurring anywhere)
- Fund balances, by category, at the beginning and end of the fiscal year
- Summaries of definitions within each profile page, as well as a substantially expanded Data Sources and Definitions section
- Lists of programs included in each profile page, provided in Data Sources and Definitions
More information about this report can be found on our website. We hope to release the FY10 Profiles soon.