We are pleased to announce that Matthew Hoying will begin as Stanford’s new Data Governance Manager on August 15! (more…)
In IR&DS we are in the business of providing information. We’re pretty serious and purposeful about providing data, but we’d like to provide some interesting tidbits, just because, well, they are interesting!
See if you know the answers to the following trivia questions, and then hit “Read more” to see the answers.
1. How many courses (approximately) does Stanford offer during the academic year?
2. How many student residences and dining halls does Stanford have?
3. How many students were enrolled in the most highly enrolled class for Fall 2010?
4. What percentage of undergraduate students received financial aid in 2009-10 from both internal and external sources?
5. How many pianos are in Stanford dorm lounges?
As you may already know, the Stanford Electronic Research Administration System (SeRA) is replacing the legacy SPIDERS system. SeRA was rolled out to OSR and some units on Feb 14, and the School of Medicine on May 23. The transition to this new system has some temporary effects on the sponsored projects data available in DSS. (more…)
We’ve had a busy year with staff comings and goings. We’ve welcomed Yan Huang, said goodbye to Lynn Kaiser, and are glad that we’ll be seeing more of Susan Hawke and Kathryn Flack Potts. (more…)