The student machine shop is a 24 hour shop for
those who have been certified to use the equipment.
- Safety glasses at all times.
- Never work alone.
- No sandals or open toe shoes.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- Loose-fitting clothing is not allowed.
- Spills need to be cleaned up immediately.
- Use common sense while in shop.
We also offer a Machine Shop Class once a year on
a first come, first serve basis. Flyers are posted in March. The course
starts the first week of April and lasts until mid-May. The class is an
introduction to the basics of machining on mills, lathes, drill presses
etc., the "dos and don'ts" in the machine shop and especially shop