Declaring Physics as your Major:
For further assistance or information regarding the undergraduate
Physics Major at Stanford University, please contact:
- Use Axess to submit your request to declare.
- Contact Elva, who will assign one of the Physics faculty to be
- Take your unofficial transcript to your advisor, along with a
copy of the B.S.
Minimum Requirement Form, to plan your physics career. If you have
any missing or non-standard courses, especially for the intro (40 or
60) series, this is also the time to arrange for transfer credit,
make-ups and/or substitutions, by using the Departmental
Petition Form for any of these non-standard situations.
Please have your advisor sign the B.S. Minimum Requirement Form and
return it to Elva. At this point your advisor should also sign off on
any necessary Petition Forms for substitutions to the required courses.
- Have your picture taken at the Physics Undergraduate Office,
Varian Building, 107, Elva Carbajal
- Request your file to be sent via ID mail from your undergraduate
advisor to Elva Carbajal at Mail Code 4060
- Sign up for Society of Physics Students e-mail listing:
- For Engineering/Physics
Ota, librarian for the Physics collection.
- For after hour Varian Building privileges bring Stanford ID to
Physics Main Office to be activated.
Visit the Physics Department's website at http://www.stanford.edu/dept/physics
See the Registrar's
Office pages on Majors
for more information.
Suggestions, corrections, or comments about
Contact the webmaster with our comment form