Masters Lane Etiquette
Masters swimming can be great fun and exercise, and here are some tips to help make the most of this wonderful experience:
- Swim in a lane where you can make the intervals.
- Leave 10 seconds apart unless otherwise decided by coach or lanemates.
- Follow the set as given by the coach.
- Wear gear only as requested by the coach.
- Arrive early for morning workout to help set-up the pool.
- Help pull lane lines and/or covers after workout when required.
- Put away your kickboard and pull buoy.
- Be conscious of those swimming in front of and/or behind you.
- If you need to sit out during a set, move to the corner of the lane or sit out on the side of the pool.
- Lead the lane only if you believe you can make the set.
- If you believe you may be unable to complete a set, move to the back of the lane at the beginning.