- Are you an undergraduate majoring in Linguistics looking for an opportunity to do research? If so, you might be interested in the Undergraduate Linguistics Research Internships for Summer 2007. Applications are due on or before March 5. The online information is available HERE.
Look Who's Talking
- Mary Rose (Ohio State) gave a talk at Ohio State on February 9 entitled `Style Endures'.
- Rumor has it that Graham Katz gave a talk last week at Georgetown University, but the New Sesquipedalian has no confirmation and is continuing to investigate.
- Kathryn Campbell-Kibler (U. Michigan) presented `Sociolinguistic cognition: (ING) and the evaluation of expertise' at the University of Washington on February 2nd, at the University of South Carolina on Feb 5th, and at The Ohio State University on February 18th.
- Tanya Nikitina is talking at UT Austin on Feb 26th. The
title of her talk is: The category of verb in Mande: typological
profile and historical development.
Stanford Blood Center: Shortage of all types. For an appointment, go to
or call 650-723-7831. It only takes an hour of your time and you get